Magaluf Holidays 2013
Magaluf is one of Britain’s favourite holiday destinations, popular with sun worshippers and clubbers alike. The resort sits in the Bay of Palma, Majorca, and is just 20 minutes travelling time from Palma Airport, the third largest airport in Spain. With 20 million arrivals every year, there are daily flights from most major UK airports. Could you see yourself on a beach holiday to Magaluf this year, or perhaps you're thinking ahead to next year? Read on for all you need to know.
- Who Goes There: The clubbing scene here is second to none. Check out Europe's biggest nightclub, or follow in the footsteps of The Inbetweeners, whose movie was filmed here (Magaluf stood in for Malia). Families also love Magaluf because there are loads of calm beaches, kid's clubs and attractions.
- When To Go: Expect the beaches to be packed in the summer season of June to September. It will still be warm and busy in spring and autumn, too.
- Best Attractions: Waterparks such as Aqualand and Western Water Park are popular with the kids, but the adults know that Magaluf comes alive every summer with the Mallorca Rocks festival. Featuring big-name acts such as Jake Bugg, who is the opening act on 4th June, and Example with DJ Wire, who will be performing 11 dates over 3 months, you don't need to camp to enjoy this festival. Instead you can stay at the on-site Mallorca Rocks Hotel and listen to djs spinning tracks at the daily pool parties.
Why not book into the Marina Barracuda, which is a mere 400m from Magaluf's popular main strip of bars and clubs? This lively hotel offers two pools, a buffet restaurant and lounge with poolside snack bar, tennis and volleyball facilities and a golden beach only 100m away. If you're over 18 then don't miss out.
By day, Magaluf is the place for water sports, either at the beach or at one of the many water and theme parks close by. Just outside the resort you’ll find Aqualand, and the Western Water Park which combines a Wild West theme with water activities and live shows. A wild family day out is the Marineland Dolphin Show, in Costa D’en Blanes, near Magaluf, which has been voted of the best marine life shows in the world. As well as dolphins there are displays of sea lions, penguins and exotic birds.
On dry land there are plenty of golf courses, such as the 18 hole Golf de Poniente, between Magaluf and Calvia. Inland Majorca is well worth exploring and car hire is cheap, especially if you book through easyJet Holidays.
Magaluf Holidays By Night
Holidays to Magaluf are synonymous with nightlife, and it’s where you’ll find some of the best bars and nightclubs in the Mediterranean. Clubbing holidays to Majorca and specifically Magaluf are well worth considering if you want to sample some of the best venues in Europe. Because of this it has become a top spot for stag and hen nights. Even large groups won’t run out of new places to drink and dance. If you’re planning to tour the clubs, it might be worth getting a Magaluf Club Pass which gives you entry to five night spots in one ticket, or you can settle for the largest club in Europe, BCM.
There’s also great live entertainment in the resort, from Pirates Adventure, a family dinner show with world class acrobats and gymnasts, to the Son Amar cabaret.
Which Magaluf Hotel is Right for Me?
- Hotel Sol Magaluf is a 3 Star property just 200 metres from Magaluf Beach, with tropical gardens and pools for adults and children. Indulge in the poolside snack bar or try out the sun terrace.
- HSM Don Juan Hotel is close to the shops and the beach. This 3 Star option has internet access, an entertainment program and show cooking in the restaurant.
- HSM Atlantic Park is a 4 Star resort that the whole family will love. Just 400 metres from the beach, it has a multi-sports court and there are local golf discounts to enjoy. An All-Inclusive option is available for guests.
easyJet Holidays to Magaluf
easyJet Holidays is perfect for booking holidays to Magaluf with the hotel and flight together, giving you the very best value. Start thinking about your 2014 Magaluf break today.
Other Clubbing Breaks
Wanting a party destination? Check out alternative clubbing holiday destinations with easyJet Holidays. Have a look at holidays to San Antonio, Ibiza or Ayia Napa holidays for just a couple of top alternatives.