Sizzling Madrid Breaks
Spain's capital is perfect for a culture break in the sunshine. The best of both worlds, Madrid in the summer has a gorgeous climate and in the winter months is much warmer than other European capitals. Art, dance, food and fun, a Madrid city break offers an excellent getaway. Whatever you’re looking for in a Spain holiday, you won't be disappointed.
Please note: City taxes payable locally.
- Why take a city break to Madrid? Whether you're looking for culture, scenery or traditional culinary fare, Madrid won't let you down. Like all European capitals, Madrid bustles with constant activity so there's always something to see and do.
- Top Madrid attractions: Take a trip to the outdoor pools such as Canal de Isabel II or the popular Parque del Buen Retiro. Or visit the El Rastro market which presents the best of genuine Spanish food and craft.
- Top hotels in Madrid: The Emperador Hotel is a fantastic hotel located in the centre of Madrid.
Hotels in Madrid
- Right in the heart Madrid, near the Plaza Mayor, the Mercure Santo Domingo is a luxurious 4-star stay.
- Another stylish property situated next to the Gran Via, the Husa Princesa is within easy reach of the city's major attractions.
- The Best Western Mayorazgo is an authentic Castilian hotel offering a great central location close to Madrid's top attractions and popular sights.
Explore Madrid on a city break
Tapas bars, art galleries and churches are dotted around the city, and prove a delight when discovered. Museo del Prado is a must for art lovers, supposedly holding the best collection of Spanish art in the world.
On a visit to the impressive Royal Palace of Madrid, you can learn about some of Spain's royal past. Its Throne Room is considered to be a spectacle of grandeur and is a highlight of the visit.
On your Madrid city break, try the best of hearty Spanish foods and 'bebidas' by sampling some tapas, the typically Spanish style of dining. For some evening entertainment you won’t have to wander far to come across a lively bar or club and if you enjoy classical music, the city has various theatres and concert halls to satisfy your musical requests.
Spain's cities are fantastic options for a short break - if you're looking for ideas why not take a look at the Barcelona city breaks or Seville instead.
Head to Madrid With easyJet Holidays
For a city break to really get excited about, Madrid is the place to go. So whether booking a spur of the moment last minute deal, or planning a well deserved break from it all, you can enjoy a Madrid city break deal with easyJet Holidays. Book your flight and hotel at the same time and get away for less!
More city breaks with easyJet holidays
^Holiday Prices have extremely limited availability and were correct and available on the easyJet Holidays website on 02/11/2012. Prices are per person (pp). Madrid from £125pp: based on 2 adults sharing a standard king or twin bed room at the 4* Comfortel Alcala Norte Hotel, 2 nights, room only, departing 12/12/12 from Liverpool John Lennon to Madrid. Prices include admin fee. Additional charges for credit card payment, baggage and transfers.