City breaks to Rome
The historic capital of Italy, remains a firm favourite with tourists who love the blend of ancient and modern attractions, not to mention the irresistible food found here, from fresh pizza to gelato. A haven of Roman remains, you will be overwhelmed by the impressive Colosseum, whilst buildings such as the Pantheon and Castel Sant’Angelo are also must-sees when you visit. And don't forget to make a wish by throwing a coin into the Trevi Fountain!
If you're more into modern culture then you'll love seeing the MAXXI Museum, buying local art in Piazza Navona and shopping 'til you drop in the markets and boutiques.
Please note: City taxes payable locally.
- Why take a Rome city break? A city break to Rome offers a great holiday experience and is one of the must-see cities in the world. Brimming with ancient history, fantastic restaurants amd exclusive shops, you'll never want to leave the romantic city of Rome!
- Top Rome attractions: The Colosseum is Rome's top tourist attraction and is nearly 2,000 years old. Be sure to visit the holy Vatican City, home of the current Pope, and the awe-inspiring Trevi Fountain.
- Who should go to Rome? Couples will find it hard to resist the romantic air that a Rome city break offers. Families with older children will also enjoy the cultural experience and the wide range of art galleries and parks to enjoy spending time in.
Booking with easyJet holidays
Find flights and accommodation whatever the season at affordable prices, allowing you greater flexibility for your trip. Whether travelling alone, taking a romantic getaway, or having a group holiday, you can save money and get the city break you want with easyJet holidays with deposits from £50pp.
Popular Rome Hotels
- The Grand Tiberio is ideally located close to the Vatican and is within easy reach of many of Rome's tourist attractions. This 4 star hotel is located in an eclusive residential area that has easy access to the main city centre, perfect for anyone eager to explore Rome.
- The Impero is located next to the Opera Theatre and is within walking distance of all the main attractions. A palazzo-style building, the Imperio hotel will charm you.
More on Rome
When on a Rome city break, be sure to visit the historic and holy Vatican City. It's classed as a principality with its own rules and laws, and is the smallest country in the world. The amazing St Peter's Basilica is the focal point and a must-see on your Rome city break!
Romantic Rome city breaks
If you are looking for a romantic break, Rome doesn’t fail to impress. Sites such as the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps are beautiful stops when exploring the city. Meanwhile, for some time off the beaten track, a walk up Gianicolo Hill offers wonderful views of Rome.
Expect chic bars and cafes which provide the perfect atmosphere to relax in the evening. Those with a taste for live music never have to look far to find performances, from jazz bands in bars to great classical performances, either in the concert halls or outside in the summer. As the evening gets later, the city looks magical with its sights illuminated in the dark, and visitors can wander the streets appreciating its beauty until late. Discover more things to do in Rome here.
More city breaks with easyJet holidays
- A Barcelona holiday is great for picking up a tan on the beach and exploring the iconic Gaudi architecture.
- Paris city breaks are perfect for couples who want to spend a romantic getaway exploring the French cuisine and visiting the famous landmarks.