A break in Budapest
Budapest is the capital city of Hungary and is split into two main parts: the historical Buda district, most famous for its palace complex, and the Pest District. Budapest is full of leafy parks complete with their own attractions, inspirational monuments and museums, and has a nightlife to rival any city in Europe. Architecturally, the city is no less impressive, with a stunning mixture of baroque, neoclassical and art nouveau buildings to see on your Budapest city break.
Please note: City taxes payable locally.
- Why take a Budapest city break? Budapest is a bustling city with plenty to see, with a host of stunning architecture, galleries, cafes and nightlife to experience.
- Top Budapest attractions: Explore the city's sights such as the Szechenyi Chain Bridge or St Stephen's Basilica.
- Who should go to Budapest? Budapest city breaks are the pefect holiday destination, with a range of activities to experience. It is perfect for families looking for an entertaining and family-friendly location, or couples looking for a romantic break.
- Top hotel in Budapest: The Hilton is situated on Castle Hill, next to the Buda Castle. A great location for all the city's top tourist attractions.
Click here for all the latest Budapest deals and find the perfect city break for you, with the exclusive deals on offer.
Top Hotels in Budapest
- If you want to stay somewhere that is modern, trendy and unique, the Atrium Fashion is perfect, especially for couples on a weekend break.
- Continental Zara is a great hotel located in the Jewish quarter of the city.
Things to do in Budapest
When on your Budapest city break see top sights such as the iconic Szechenyi Chain Bridge, the most beautiful bridge crossing the Danube, The Castle District including the Royal Palace, the National Gallery and the Matyas Church, the Parliament, the extraordinarily opulent State Opera House, and St Stephen’s Basilica. There are also a number of museums on the Castle Hill and in the city centre for you to explore.
Budapest city breaks aren't complete without a boat trip on the Danube. Also, make the most of the chance to unwind in a hot sulphur bath or get a massage in one of the city’s many grand hotels.
Budapest is famous for its café culture, as well as its unique Hungarian cuisine and excellent local wines. For the most part, the food and drink aren’t expensive, and the choice is huge. Visit a ‘borozó’ (wine pub) where the wine is served on tap at outrageously low prices.
Discover all that Budapest has to offer by looking at the Budapest attractions guide from easyJet Holidays.
Book today with easyJet Holidays
Budapest is a thriving cultural metropolis that marries architectural riches and natural beauty with a progressive state of mind and a pleasure-seeking approach to life. You can book Budapest city breaks with easyJet Holidays when it suits you with flexible booking options, and enjoy cheap Budapest deals when you combine your flight and accomodation together.