City breaks to Berlin
The capital city of Germany, Berlin has long been a favourite amongst tourists for its rich history and edgy, rebellious atmosphere. Steeped in culture and famed for its creative industry, producing incredible fashion, music and arts, Berlin is a melting pot of new and old, past and present. Book with easyJet holidays to get the latest Berlin deals here.
Please note: City taxes payable locally.
- Why take a Berlin city break? A fantastic city with something for everyone, Berlin is the ultimate city break, with a wealth of history, culture and a bustling nightlife scene.
- Top Berlin attractions Take in Berlin's history with sights such as Volkspark or the Berlin wall. Alternatively, soak up the thriving art scene at one of the galleries or go shopping in one of the many shopping complexes that showcase designer and independent brands.
- Who should go to Berlin? There are plenty of things to do in Berlin, making it the ideal city break for couples and families, as well as a great option for those looking for a cultural destination.
- Top hotel in Berlin - The Angleterre is a unique 4 star hotel situated in the Friedrichstrasse and has a Victorian style to it.
Popular hotels in Berlin
- The Alfa is a family run hotel situated in a quiet part of the centre of town. Offering 3 star accommodation, it's an affordable choice.
- The Adrema hotel is modern and sleek with a great central location. The hotel boasts fantastic transport links as well as modern and unique decor.
Out and about in Berlin
Berlin has had a long and well-documented history, caught up in battle from the 17th century all the way up to WWII. Museums and monuments to its past pepper the streets of the city, none more outstanding than the Reichstag building, the former houses of parliament for Germany's government. Visitors on a city break to Berlin can explore inside the building, and take a lift up to the top for stunning panoramic views over Berlin. Berlin Cathedral is another must-see; built in a stunning mixed architectural style of Renaissance and Gothic, it is a truly spectacular view, not to be missed during a city break to Berlin. The cathedral sits on Museum Island, a district on the Spree river which houses five of the most significant museums in Berlin – ideal for a day's exploring to discover the history of this fascinating city.
Green gardens and more in Berlin
Berlin is known for being one of the greenest cities in Europe, with around a third of the city being made up of parks, forests, lakes and gardens. The beautiful Berlin Botanischer Gardens boast an incredible 110 acres of gardens to explore on your Berlin city break, and there is also the Great Pavilion, the largest greenhouse in the world. Parks around the city also offer a beautiful way to discover Berlin's past, such as Treptower Park's Soviet monument, or the Volkspark, the oldest park in the city, built over a Second World War bunker, with a memorial to Polish soldiers.
If you want to discover modern Berlin, a city break offers ample time to explore and see the main attractions. The city has a rich arts scene, and has even been named “City of Design” by UNESCO. Boutique stores dominate the lanes and shopping quarters of the main city, with everything from fashion to homeware, hand-crafted by Germany's finest designers. The Friedrichsstadtpassagen shopping complexes showcase more brand-name outlets, with striking designs and a beautiful area of the city to spend an afternoon.
Going out in Berlin
Berlin city breaks are a perfect opportunity to discover traditional German cuisine, and splash out on food by some of the finest chefs in Europe. Dining out in Berlin remains inexpensive, and even a meal at the two-star Michelin restaurant Fischers Fritz is a treat that won't break the budget. Discover Germany's soul food by the lake at Engelbecken, with traditional dishes served entirely using organic and seasonal produce.
Berlin's nightlife is world-renowned, with an enormous and eclectic club scene and thriving fashion culture, bringing the city alive every night of the week. Techno and hard house are big here, and with a little digging you'll find yourself at underground parties and club nights in train stations and even abandoned buildings. The more traditional clubs make just as much of a statement though, and the vibrant Mitte district is the perfect place to find the best nightspots.
City breaks to Berlin are perfect for an exciting and fascinating glimpse into Germany's culture. Book your trip with easyJet holidays today for flexible booking deals, and book your flights and hotels together for even better offers, so you can save more for your city break!
Other city breaks
- Munich city breaks are great, especially when Oktoberfest is in full swing. You’ll experience Germany in a whole new light!
- Take a city break to Amsterdam which is full of rich culture much like Berlin. Plenty of museums are in Amsterdam – great for all lovers of culture.
^Holiday Prices have extremely limited availability and were correct and available on the easyJet Holidays website on 20/12/2012. Berlin from £99pp: based on 2 adults sharing a standard double room at the 4* Adrema hotel, 2 nights, bed and breakfast departing 20/01/13 from London Luton to Berlin (SXF).
Prices include admin fee. Additional charges for credit card payment, baggage and transfers.