Nice city breaks
As the glamour capital of the French Riviera, Nice is the one of most alluring and beautiful cities in Europe. Synonymous with wealth and beautiful scenery, the Côte d’Azur has been the elegant playground of the rich and famous since the eighteenth century. With plenty of Nice deals from easyJet holidays, the elegant decadence of Nice city breaks are open to anyone wanting to get away from it all.
Please note: City taxes payable locally.
- Why take a Nice city break? The glamour queen of southern France has been immortalised in European literature and artworks for centuries. On reaching the peak of its fame in the late nineteenth century, it has left a profound legacy for holiday makers to savour, marking Nice as a popular holiday destination.
- Top Nice attractions: The Palais Lascaris is an enchanting local museum set in a lavishly decorated seventeenth century home, a powerful reminder of France’s pre-revolutionary aristocratic past.
- Who should go to Nice? Nice is a popular destination with couples and families for its beautiful scenery, stunning beaches and range of activities.
- Top hotel in Nice: - La Perouse is a charming hotel in an ideal location - boasting a swimming pool, sauna and fitness centre, this hotel is perfect for a relaxing break in Nice.
Click here for all the latest Nice city break deals!
Hotels in Nice
- The Hotel Vendome; an elegant 3-star property in heart of the city.
- The Grand Aston; a 4-star luxury hotel situated opposite the Place Massena's beautiful gardens.
- The Massena is a contemporary hotel in a good location, near to all the sights.
See it all on a city break to Nice
Nice continues to be a popular holiday destination for its unique culture, food and luscious scenery. With over 300 days of sunshine a year and its own delicious gastronomy, Nice’s golden beaches remain a fantastic place to unwind on a city break. Hosting a rich variety of modern luxury hotels, the Promenade des Anglais captures the very essence of Nice with its cosmopolitan trappings of wealth, romance and artistic flair.
As the fifth largest city in France, Nice has a fascinating history and is particularly proud of its old town, Vieux Nice. Combining narrow cobbled streets, boutique shops and glamourous restaurants, Vieux Nice is one of the most attractive districts in the city. Attractions to see on your Nice city breaks include Cathédrale de Ste-Réparate, Nice’s patron saint, and the Fennicchio ice-cream parlour. Another favourite is the nearby Baroque Chapelle de l’Annonciation.
Art and culture in Nice
Since so many of Europe’s most famous artists have fallen in love with Nice, the city inevitably attracts art lovers from across the world. Situated on the hillside peak of Cimiez, the Matisse Museum is not too far from the Franciscan monastery with its Italianate gardens, the Hotel Regina where Matisse used to reside and the Gallo-Roman ruins. Paintings, drawings and some of his earliest works are on display, along with pieces that reveal his lesser-known talents as a sculptor. Nice is also home to the Saint Nicolas Orthodox Cathedral, which is a national monument in France, and it is considered by many French historians to be one of the most beautiful and largest Russian churches outside of Russia.
With its sparkling array of cultural and historical attractions, one of the most popular places to visit on a Nice city break is the hillside park Colline du Château. The park's sparkling collection of pine trees and iconic waterfalls have been captured on postcards for centuries and offer breathtaking views across the city. Such is the variety of museums and attractions in Nice, the city requires at least three days, if not longer, to absorb the majority of its key sights.
Book your Nice break with easyJet holidays
With affordable city breaks all year around from easyJet holidays, Nice is a gorgeous city to visit on holiday offering luxury beaches, culture and historical ruins dating back to early Roman era. As the second most visited city in France after Paris, the glamour princess of Côte d’Azur is a bohemian old lady that has never gone out of fashion.
More city breaks with easyJet holidays
- Berlin Holidays. Über-cool German capital with a vibrant arts scene and a legendary nightlife.
- Paris Holidays. A city of unforgettable beauty and romance; the perfect city break destination for couples.
^Holiday Prices have extremely limited availability and were correct and available on the easyJet Holidays website on 10/08/2012. Prices are per person (pp). Nice from £119pp: based on 2 people sharing a standard twin room at the 3* Locarno hotel, 2 nights, room only, departing 16/10/12 from Edinburgh to Nice. Admin fee applies and additional charges for credit card payment, baggage and transfers.