Considered by many to be the number one party destination in the whole of Greece, Kavos is not the place to go if you’re after an authentic Greek night out. If, however, you’re after an 18-30 type resort packed with bars and clubs that’s all about partying all through the night and into the early hours and then starting again the next night, then Kavos nightlife is for you.
As well as numerous fast food joints there are a huge choice of places to eat in Kavos catering for all tastes from English and Italian to Mexican and even Greek! Grab an all day breakfast at The Barn or tuck into traditional British food at Uncle Harry’s. Can’t decide what to eat? The wonderfully named The Drunken Squid and Puff the Magic Dragon has the answer serving the unusual combination of Thai, Indian, Mexican and Chinese food.
- Top Restaurant: For traditional Greek dishes and meze close to the centre of Kavos try Ligourgos Tavern before hitting the bars along ‘The Strip’.
- Best Fast Food: After a boozy night out stop off at Souvlatzidiki and buy a gyros, a Greek style kebab, before heading back to your hotel.
There are more than 80 bars in Kavos mostly concentrated along the main street called The Strip, which is packed at night with partygoers spilling out of the bars into the street that throbs with music and is lit by flashing neon signs. Start the night off in the aptly named Bonkers Bar before heading to 42nd Street for foam party fun to a backdrop of old school, house and electro music.
- Top Bar: For top nightlife in Kavos and a real Kavos experience head to the famous and insanely popular Buzz Bar.
- Top Tip: If you want an all round place and a more stylish venue than others in Kavos, look no further than The Barn, which serves cocktails and food and plays popular tunes.
Most clubs in Kavos only really get going after midnight but stay open until the early hours of the morning. So after a few hours spent on a bar crawl along The Strip stagger along to one of Kavos’s clubs. Foam parties are a highlight of Club S’ex, while Cream and Ministry DJs play at Futures. On Tuesday nights get dressed up and into the spirit of School Disco night and dance along to songs from the 80s and 90s.
- Top Clubbing Experience: Atlantis, an open-air club right on the beach is the place in Kavos to chill out, dance the night away and watch the sunrise as you party on into the morning.
Find out more about holidays to Corfu here.