The diverse and lively nightlife of Corfu centres on the beach resorts of Kavos, Ipsos, Roda, Dassia and Gouvia as well as Corfu Town. The Gouvia coastal road has a particularly high concentration of diverse bars and clubs ideal for anyone wanting to make Corfu nightlife their top priority whilst on holiday. Aimed towards the younger generation Kavos nightlife is renowned for being all about having a good time.
Corfu Town Nightlife
The nightlife in Corfu Town has a far more relaxed vibe compared to the beach resorts of Kavos and Gouvia. The cafés at the north end of Splianada Square and on Liston Promenade are open all day and evening and are bustling places to stop and have a drink. Retreat to the Art Café behind The Museum of Asian Art and you’ll find a cool and peaceful place to have a drink away from the hub of town.
- Top Clubs: Head past Corfu Town’s port to find the clubs Cristal, Eixis, Au Bar and Villa Mercedes.
- Top Tip: In summer free open air concerts take place on the esplanade, so take a picnic, sit back and relax in the sunshine.
Famous for its nightlife, Kavos nights out centre on the town’s famous ‘strip’ where, after dark, you can enjoy karaoke, drinks and food at Papalagos, the party atmosphere of 42nd Street and the craziness of Bonkers Bar before heading to Atlantis, an open-air club and chill out bar on the beach.
- Top Bar: Get a taste of Corfu nightlife Kavos style at Buzz Bar, one of Kavos’s, if not the whole island’s most famous bars.
- Top Tip: Keep an eye out for legendary DJs like Tim Westwood, Scott Mills and Dave Pearce playing at Kavos clubs.
The coastal road that runs from Corfu Town to Gouvia has a multitude of bars and clubs including the very popular Corfu by Night, as well as a Greek nightclub Ekati and Esperies, which plays Greek music. Gouvia has plenty of places to eat including fish tavernas and a good choice of restaurants serving Greek, Chinese, Italian and British cuisine. The town also has some classy cocktail bars plus sports bars where you can watch the latest football matches.
Ipsos was once renowned as a Club 18-30’s holiday destination, and although plenty of bars and clubs remain the town manages to appeal to both groups after wild nights out and couples and families wanting laid back nightly entertainment. The harbour side of Ipsos offers quieter evenings where couples can enjoy a glass of wine or two over dinner. However on the other side of Ipsos it’s party time where you can listen to live music at Temple Bar and drink cocktails at Lumber Jacks.
- Top Bars: B52 has a central location and runs weekly events such as beach parties, themed evenings and raves. The Old Tree has a lovely beachside location and is an attractive and cosmopolitan place.