The nightlife in Tenerife is considered to be the biggest and most popular in the Canary Islands. Tenerife clubbing holidays offer late night bars, foam parties and top nightclubs with international DJs performing regularly. But Tenerife nightlife also offers an authentic Spanish experience with laid-back bars and local music. Whether you’re looking for late night tapas followed by relaxed drinks in the traditional open bars or prefer to take advantage of cheap drink promotions and dance till dawn, the nightlife in Tenerife will suit all moods and tastes.
Nightlife in Tenerife - South
The most popular place to find Tenerife clubs is in the lively resort of Playa de las Americas. The best late night bars and clubs in Tenerife are centralised in three areas; Veronica Strip, The Patch and Starco. Starco and the Patch have a high concentration of bars offering drink promotions and a fun atmosphere. Starco is also home to the popular nightclub Tramps Tenerife. Veronica Strip has a huge choice of clubs and DJs all offering different music and different events but all ready to party till dawn. Playa de las Americas nightlife is some of the wildest and fun you can find on Tenerife.
There are other clubbing options in Tenerife away from Playa de las Americas; the resort of Los Cristianos also has a vibrant party scene. With a variety of late night bars and clubs on offer, visit the San Telmo area in Los Cristianos to experience some great Tenerife nightlife.
Nightlife in Tenerife - North
If however you’re looking to experience some authentic Spanish nightlife in Tenerife try a night out in the capital, Santa Cruz de Tenerife. The vibrant northern town has a relaxed approach to going out and, as is traditional in Spain, the nightlife doesn’t get started till late. When it does though, the streets are filled with welcoming alfresco bars offering tasty cocktails and lots of room for dancing. Partying in Santa de Cruz Tenerife isn’t as wild as the hedonistic southern coasts but it is a great location for a true Spanish night out – and there’s even a casino if you’re feeling lucky.
From world-famous DJs to intimate bars by the sea, nightlife in Tenerife will have something for everyone on a night out. Here are some of the most popular venues:
- Tramps Tenerife, Starco, Playas de las Americas: Open 9pm to 6am. World class DJs, themed parties every day of the week, Dance and R&B across its three main rooms.
- Sugareef Tenerife Terrace & Club, Veronica Strip, Playas de las Americas: Open 9pm to Late. Resident DJ James Hanbury plays the best of chart, R&B, hip hop and dance during the week. Themed weekend parties.
- Linikers Bar, Staco, Playas de las Americas: 12pm – Late. Run by the famous Liniker family. Linikers Bars are well liked by British revellers due to the daily food and drink promotions and live screenings of football at the weekends.
- Faro Chill Art, Costa Adeje. Open 7pm – 6am. This boat shaped bar offers something different to the big clubs. Regularly has live music, comedy nights. Great views of ocean.
- A Suade, Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Open 10pm – Late. Large club close to the capital, themed nights and live music.
- Sabuu, Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Open 10pm – Late. Modern club for late night dancing.