What are you looking for?
Whether you’re on the hunt for bargain clothes for yourself or a unique gift for someone else, Amsterdam is the place to shop. Dedicated shopping areas and specialist stores are dotted all over the city, so don't leave without sampling what's on offer.
One more thing you’ll love about Amsterdam are its markets, with everything from delicious traditional and international foods, to clothing, homewares and of course those tacky essentials – the souvenir shops and stalls - Check out the Markets shopping page. If you're looking for a 2012 Christmas market break in the city then check out the latest offers from easyJet Holidays. Make sure you visit the Albert Cuypmarkt and the Rembrandtplein for a selection of the best gifts.
Amsterdam’s shopping malls and department stores
Like any other European city, there are the backstreets and bargain buys to be found in Amsterdam, but the middle-class pastime of an afternoon’s high street shopping is very much shared by the Dutch - Check out the High streets and Malls page. One of the best streets to visit is Kalverstraat, which can be found in the Nieuwe Zijde, or New Side.
What can I buy in Amsterdam?
For those of you with green fingers or a love of food check out the shops and markets listed on the pages above. Find out where to buy those essential Amsterdam holiday items such as clogs, fridge magnets and postcards!
Where should I stay on a shopping break in Amsterdam?
- The Westcord Fashion Hotel is the ultimate choice for fashionistas, as it's themed to suit stylish guests and is right opposite the World Fashion Centre. Hotel amenities include a spa and sauna as well as a gym, so you can look photo-ready on your holiday.
- If you're a fan of timeless style then the [NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky
](http://holidays.easyjet.com/netherlands/amsterdam/amsterdam-city/nh-grand-hotel-krasnapolsky.htm) will appeal, as the building dates back to 1865. There are some seriously trendy food options to try here, as well as an extensive cocktail menu, so you can relax in a luxurious environment after your spending spree in the shops.
Competition now closed
Win a 4-star shopping break for two to Amsterdam (with a £150 shopping fund) and a cocktail experience at the House of Bols. Over 18s only, competition closes on September 28th 2012, see terms and conditions below.
Terms and conditions
ITEM 1: COMPETITION NAME
My “Amsterdam look”
ITEM 2: PROMOTERS
lowcostbeds.com Limited (“Lowcostbeds”)and easyJet Airline Company Limited (“easyJet”)
ITEM 3: WEBSITE
- easyJet holidays website (www.holidays.easyjet.com)
ITEM 4: COMPETITION REGISTRATION DATES AND TIMES
- Entries for the competition will open on Friday 7th September 2012 and close midnight on Friday 28th of September 2012.
ITEM 5: ENTRANT RESTRICTIONS
- The competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over at the date of their entry. Any entries received before the opening dates or after the closing dates (for whatever reason) will be invalid. Entries must link to relevant competition page (http://holidays.easyjet.com/netherlands/amsterdam/amsterdam-city-breaks/shopping.htm) with text ‘My Amsterdam look for the easyJet holidays competition’ or similar, containing “easyjet holidays” term.
ITEM 6: ROUTES OF ENTRY
- In order to enter the competition, entrants must publish a new blog post with a ‘look’ as well as a description, relate to Amsterdam as a destination and to Amsterdam style.
- All entries must be made via an external blog post on an external blog. Twitter or Facebook entries will not be counted. By entering this competition entrants confirm that they will comply with any applicable terms and conditions of the external service provider. All entries must include a "do follow", non-affiliate link within their entry to the Amsterdam competition page (http://holidays.easyjet.com/netherlands/amsterdam/amsterdam-city-breaks/shopping.htm) and have within the text e.g. “My Amsterdam [Nightlife/Weekend/City break] look for the easyJet holidays competition”. No purchase necessary.
- Entrants must email confirmation of their entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 28th September 2012 with a link to their blog and include a name, address and phone number. Only one entry per person is permitted. Incomplete entries will not be counted.
- To contact the Promoters in relation to this competition, including to remove your entry and withdraw from the competition at any time, email email@example.com.
ITEM 7: PRIZE DETAILS
- There will be only one winner of the Prize.
- The winner will be judged independently, on the basis of: efforts to produce original text and images within entry and adherence to entry restrictions.
- The Prize will not be allocated unless there are at least 30 entries to the competition by the closing date Friday 28th September 2012.
- easyJet holidays website will notify the winner by email by Monday 8th October 2012. Entrants agree that their name and residence area will, in the event of winning, be available to other entrants upon request.
- The winners must provide their preferred travel dates within two weeks of receiving the confirmation of their winning, for the below travel period, for the prize from the easyJet Holidays website.
- The Prize includes 2 return flights to Amsterdam departing from UK airports and a stay for two adults sharing a standard double or twin room in a 4* hotel, in Amsterdam to be chosen by easyJet holidays, for 2 nights on a Bed and Breakfast basis. Travel period is between the 14h, October 2012 and the 4th of November 2012, excluding public and school holidays and is subject to availability. The Prize is a courtesy of the easyJet Holidays website.
- The winner is entitled to one piece of hold luggage up to a maximum weight of 20kg, per passenger. Charges for additional baggage will apply (see easyjet.com for terms and conditions).
- Entrants must post a follow up blog(s) about their Amsterdam experience, linking back in the same manner as with competition entry.
- The Promoters are not liable for any other costs including, but not limited to, transportation costs from and to the airports.
- The Prize is non-transferable and there are no cash or prize alternatives available.
- The arrangements for a holiday booked on the easyJet Holidays website are made by easyJet, acting as principal for flights and as disclosed agent for travel insurance, car rental and airport parking; and by Lowcostbeds acting as agent for accommodation and transfers.
ITEM 8: GENERAL
- Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry to this competition.
- By entering the competition, you confirm that your entry and your blog do not include any material which is in any way unlawful, offensive, misleading or inappropriate. The Promoters and/or authorized third parties may reject, or at any time disqualify entrants, or not include (or remove) the entrant’s name, entry and blog link on the easyJet Holidays website, if their entry or blog, in the Promoters’ sole opinion, may be unlawful, inappropriate, offensive or misleading or in breach of any of the Terms and Conditions or any third party rights (including copyrights).
- By entering the competition, you confirm that you own the copyright and any other intellectual property in your entry, including images and photos - and that your entry does not infringe any third party rights (including copyrights). It is the legal responsibility of the entrants, and not the Promoters, to ensure entrants comply with copyright requirements and own the rights to use their blogs or images and photos for the purposes of this the competition. By entering the competition you confirm and warrant that you will indemnify the Promoters against any claims made by any third parties in relation to your blogs.
- By entering this competition, you confirm that, you have obtained permission to submit your entry from each person featured in each photo or image including parent / guardian consent for children under 18 years old. The Promoters reserve the right to contact entrants in the context of making reasonable investigations to check compliance with these Terms and Conditions and entrants agree to collaborate with any such enquiry.
- By entering the competition, you grant the Promoters and their agents a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free and transferable licence (with the right to sub-licence) to use, edit, reproduce, copy, modify, translate, distribute, prepare derivative works of, enlarge, publish or exhibit, your entry (and blog address) in any medium or method on any media to be exercised in the Promoters’ sole discretion throughout the world for any purpose connected with the competition which may include inclusion on the easyJet Holidays website. Where your entry or blog address is published, you agree that it may be accompanied by your name. Images and photos will not be included on the easyJet Holidays website without relevant consent.
- This competition is not open to any employees (or members of their family) of the Promoters or any company or agency directly connected with the creation of and administration of this competition.
- The Promoters hold no responsibility for entries lost or corrupted in transmission.
- The Promoters' decision is binding and final on all matters relating to this competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants will be able to obtain details of the winner’s name and residence area by sending a written request to Spectrum House, Beehive Ring Road, Gatwick, UK, RH6 0LG, after 8th October 2012.
- The Promoters of this competition are:
easyJet Airline Company Limited, Registered in England with registered number 3034606, VAT No. GB 745360825Registered office: Hangar 89, London Luton Airport, LU2 9PF and lowcostbeds.com limited, Hafenstrasse 48, 8590 Romanshorn, Switzerland whose registered company number is CH-440.9.024.481-2.